ForgeRock Announces New Products That Put Connected Identity at the Centre of Everything Online
New Additions to ForgeRock Identity Platform Provide Features and Tools to Better Secure Customer Identities and Deliver Personalised Services and Products
BRISTOL, England--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- ForgeRock Inc., the leading open-platform provider of Identity Relationship Management (IRM) solutions, today announced that the company is updating its ForgeRock® Identity Platform, the first massively scalable, 100-percent commercial, open-source solution for Identity and Access Management (IAM), with new releases of OpenAM 12.0, OpenIDM 3.1 and OpenIG 3.1. OpenAM manages access to digital customer services, anytime and anywhere; OpenIDM seamlessly manages identities across all channels, on premises and in the cloud, with comprehensive identity administration capabilities; and OpenIG protects access to API resources and to cloud, mobile and enterprise apps with a next-generation gateway. With these new product releases, the ForgeRock Identity Platform adds new features and tools to speed IT service delivery and help organisations better understand and manage the relationships between people, devices, services and things, a requirement in the era of the digital industrial economy where everyone and everything is connected online.
“The latest release of the ForgeRock Identity Platform continues to deliver on our vision of empowering organisations to securely and quickly roll out new revenue-generating services in today’s digital business world, while placing greater emphasis on respecting end-user privacy,” said Mike Ellis, CEO, ForgeRock. “Organisations that use an identity-centric design can rapidly enable new cloud, mobile and IoT services to offer a richer, seamless customer experience across their entire ecosystems.”
To efficiently and effectively connect end users to relevant goods and services in the digital age, organisations are shifting the focus of their technology investments from lowering operational expenses to driving top-line revenue and customer value. This transformation has led to IAM investments that shift from employee-centric solutions to customer-centric solutions. Recent research by Gartner concludes that CEOs have ranked growth among their top three business priorities and are heavily investing in their digital businesses to achieve this goal.1 And according to recent research from Capgemini Consulting and MIT, organisations investing in digital business are winning – the study found that “digital masters are on average 26 percent more profitable than their industry peers, and enjoy nine percent higher revenue from their physical assets.”
The ForgeRock Identity Platform is accelerating digital transformation with the following enhancements:
- In less than a minute, configure social sign on access such as Facebook, Google, and Microsoft. The added convenience for the end user means better adoption rates. For the administrator and developer, though, adding social sign on to an application or website has meant more work – custom coding, testing, etc. With OpenAM, support for social sign on can be configured in less than one minute and with a wizard based configuration tool.
- New UI-based, policy editor tool makes it easier and faster to implement fine-grained authorisation. The new policy editor tool in OpenAM makes it possible to define permissions and policies that reflect the complex and dynamic relationships between people, services and things connected online.
- Consumers want more control over their online identity experience and expect self-service features. While administrators already enable user self-service, it often requires customisation and coding. With OpenAM, self-service capabilities are readily configurable.
- New cloud connectors in OpenIDM extend trust between on premises IAM frameworks and the cloud, supporting commonly used enterprise SaaS based services like Google, salesforce.com, Office365 and Azure. With the OpenIDM cloud connectors, end-users are able to use their same credentials to access applications and services regardless of where they reside – on premises or in the cloud.
- Adaptive risk enhancements – the OpenAM contextual scripted authentication service enables the administrator to dynamically integrate 3rd party services like LexisNexis and Equifax for identity profiling. With simple scripting and without a complicated integration, the registration process of a new user can include checking a user’s credit score at Equifax, for example.
- Performance monitoring and auditing with OpenIG. This latest releases introduces monitoring and auditing capabilities, allowing customers to have a comprehensive view of the activity to their applications and APIs.
OpenIDM 3.1, OpenAM 12.0 and OpenIG 3.1 are available from: http://forgerock.com/products/
ForgeRock Blog (http://forgerock.com/blog/)
ForgeRock Customers (http://forgerock.com/customers/)
ForgeRock Open Identity Stack (http://forgerock.com/what-we-offer/open-identity-stack/)
ForgeRock Identity Relationship Management (http://forgerock.com/irm/)
ForgeRock on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ForgeRock)
ForgeRock on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/ForgeRock/101648653214231)
ForgeRock®, one of the fastest growing identity vendors in the world, provides the leading open identity platform for ensuring your customers are at the center of everything digital -- whether it be through a laptop, mobile phone, tablet, connected car, healthcare wearable, connected home device or the next great connected innovation. The ForgeRock Identity Platform powers solutions for many of the world’s largest companies and government organisations. Founded in 2010, ForgeRock’s leadership team brings decades of experience in the software industry and includes open source icons and innovators, with investors from some of the leading global venture capital firms including Accel Partners, Foundation Capital and Meritech Capital. For more information and free downloads, visit http://www.forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
# # #
1 Gartner: CEOs Are Signaling the First Significant Change to IT's Mission in More Than 20 Years, April 10, 2014, Ken McGee
+44 (0)1252 717040
Released December 4, 2014