ForgeRock Announces Record Sales Year and Expands in Asia
Leading Identity Management Provider Highlights Major Customer Wins in 2014; Opens New Asia-Pacific Japan (APJ) Regional Headquarters in Singapore
BRISTOL, England & SINGAPORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- ForgeRock® Inc., the leading open platform provider of identity management solutions, today announced that it achieved a record year in sales in 2014, continuing the company’s momentum and dramatic growth. To address the expanding market opportunity for identity management solutions that leverage the power of cloud, mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) adoption, ForgeRock is also expanding to Asia-Pacific Japan (APJ) and opening new regional headquarters in Singapore.
The continued high demand for the ForgeRock Identity Platform™ has been driven by organisations increasingly looking to better manage their digital interactions with every customer, prospect and citizen to deliver more personalised, secure experiences. Enabling digital transformation for enterprises through enhanced customer insight and interaction is the hallmark of ForgeRock’s identity platform. In the second half of 2014 alone, ForgeRock successfully closed transactions with industry leaders such as Morningstar, Pearson Shared Services Ltd., NCR Corporation, University of York, Computec, the Research Council of Norway and many others.
Strategic Global Expansion
ForgeRock’s official market entry into APJ, where the company is already serving customers such as Telecom New Zealand, Vodafone New Zealand, Singapore Press Holdings, the New Zealand Government and Perpetual Limited (Australia), will be spearheaded by newly appointed leadership.
Sumal Karunanayake joins as senior vice president of APJ, based out of ForgeRock’s new Singapore office. Sumal has worked in enterprise software since the mid-1990s and joins ForgeRock from CA Technologies, where he originally led the market entry for Nimsoft (post-CA acquisition). Prior to CA, he was one of the first founding members of NetSuite Europe, starting NetSuite’s international business operations and running EMEA sales through the company’s IPO.
The company has also appointed Simon Jeacock to senior vice president of global innovation and business development. Simon, who will report directly to ForgeRock president and CEO, Mike Ellis, will be responsible for global business development and the growth of ForgeRock’s partner community. Based out of ForgeRock’s San Francisco headquarters, Simon will also drive sales in emerging areas, such as IoT, Industrial IoT, semiconductor (embedded processing) systems and the cloud. He joins ForgeRock with more than 25 years in the technology sector, covering markets in the U.S., EMEA and APJ for both public and privately held software companies. Most recently, he was responsible for all sales, marketing and alliances at SaaS human resource provider PeopleAnswers, taking them to a successful strategic exit in 2014.
“CEOs and the C-suite across the globe increasingly see digital identities at the center of everything when driving company growth, which in turn drives the adoption of new identity solutions that scale, are secure and provide insightful customer interactions for the enterprise,” said Mike Ellis, CEO, ForgeRock. “ForgeRock helps these organisations transform their customers’ experience across devices and people to drive deeper engagement, all while keeping individual privacy at the forefront.”
New Milestones Cap Strong 2014
In addition to its record sales year and the close of multiple global customer transactions, ForgeRock accomplished significant platform milestones in the second half of 2014:
- New products that put connected identity at the center of everything online – The Dec. 2014 release of the updated ForgeRock Identity Platform included new releases of OpenAM 12.0, OpenIDM 3.1 and OpenIG 3.1. These product releases added new features and tools to speed IT service delivery and help organisations better understand and manage the relationships between people, devices, services and things.
- Giving consumers more control over data sharing and privacy – Also in the second half of 2014, ForgeRock introduced the OpenUMA open source community initiative, which addresses public concerns around privacy and consent in the digital age. The OpenUMA initiative marries the increasingly popular User-Managed Access (UMA) technical standard, which provides a blueprint for addressing digital consent and privacy, with ForgeRock’s open source access management project, OpenAM. The project is fostering a community that can collaborate to productise the UMA standard so that enterprises and governments can easily bake privacy, consent and secure personal data sharing into their digital strategies.
- Accelerating the rollout of Digital Citizen services – ForgeRock announced the availability of ForgeRock FederalConnect™, a solution that allows federal agencies to accelerate rollout of digital citizen services that integrate with the Federal Cloud Credential eXchange (FCCX).
- New executive appointments to push the boundaries of identity management – Visionary and thought leader Eve Maler, vice president innovation & emerging technology, who was most recently a principal analyst at Forrester, as well as enterprise software industry veteran Robert Humphrey, chief marketing officer, both joined ForgeRock to support the company’s explosive growth.
- Series C $30 million funding – ForgeRock closed $30 million in a Series C funding round, led by Meritech Capital Partners. The investment, which brought the company’s total funding to $52 million, has accelerated its product development and innovation and increased ForgeRock’s global market share via expanded sales and marketing efforts.
Key Industry Recognition
ForgeRock continued its growing industry recognition with company awards that included:
- CEO World Awards – ForgeRock won gold in the prestigious CEO World Awards, in the “Upgrades and Innovations of the Year – Enterprise Software” category. The annual awards encompass the world’s best in leadership, organisational performance, new products and services, CEO case studies and customer satisfaction programmes from every major industry in the world.
- Best in Biz Awards 2014 – ForgeRock received silver in the Fastest-Growing Company of the Year (Medium) category for the Best in Biz Awards, the only independent business awards programme judged by members of the press and industry analysts.
- Golden Bridge Awards – ForgeRock was also named Silver winner in the annual Golden Bridge Awards programme, for the information technology and security category. The ForgeRock Identity Platform is the only open, scalable, unified identity management platform on the market that can deliver identity to absolutely any connected thing.
ForgeRock Blog (http://forgerock.com/blog/)
ForgeRock Customers (http://forgerock.com/customers/)
ForgeRock Identity Platform (http://www.forgerock.com/platform/)
ForgeRock on Twitter (https://twitter.com/ForgeRock)
ForgeRock on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/ForgeRock/101648653214231)
UMA Working Group (http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/uma/Home)
ForgeRock®, one of the fastest growing identity vendors in the world, provides the leading open identity platform for ensuring your customers are at the center of everything digital — whether it be through a laptop, mobile phone, tablet, connected car, healthcare wearable, connected home device or the next great connected innovation. The ForgeRock Identity Platform™ powers solutions for many of the world’s largest companies and government organisations. Founded in 2010, ForgeRock’s leadership team brings decades of experience in the software industry and includes open source icons and innovators, with investors from some of the leading global venture capital firms including Accel Partners, Foundation Capital and Meritech Capital. For more information and free downloads, visit http://www.forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
# # #
(+44) 01252 717040
Released February 26, 2015